Research: Conference and Network Committee Memberships
- The Association for Learning Technology Conference, Programme Committee (since 2013).
- The Association for Learning Technology, OER17 Conference Committee (2016-17).
- Critical Theory Research Network (since 2016).
- Beyond the Neoliberal University: Critical Pedagogy and Activism, Organising Committee (a symposium hosted by Coventry University UCU in 2015).
- Co-operatives Free Universities Group, Member (since 2012).
- European Conference on e-Learning, Programme Committee (since 2005).
- European Conference on Social Media, Programme Committee (since 2013).
- The International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies in Education, Scientific Committee (since 2011).
- Leicester City Council, Open Schools Network, Member (2015)
Previously, I served as follows.
- Association for Learning Technology Politics, Activity and Critical Theory Special Interest Group, Chair (2010-14).
- Computer Assisted Learning, International conference 2011 [CAL11], Learning Futures: Education, Technology and Sustainability, Organising Committee.
- Education for the Crisis network, Co-convenor (2011-13).
- International Association for Development of the Information Society, e-Democracy, Equity and Social Justice 2010, Organising Committee.
- Learners in the Co-Creation of Knowledge Research Interest Group, Co-convenor (2008-10).
- Leicester City Council/De Montfort University, Learning Resource Centre Connect network, Co-convenor (2011-13).
- Plymouth e-Learning Conference, Programme Committee (2009-13).
- Young People and Employability strand of the DMU Policy Commission, Co-convenor (2014).
Research: Journal Board Memberships
- I was Associate Editor of the Journal of Information, Communication and Ethics (2011-15).
- I am a member of the Review Board for the Journal of Information, Communication and Ethics (since 2010).
- I am a member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the Journal for Critical Education Policy Studies (since 2012).
- I am a member of the Research in Learning Technology (formerly ALT-J) Editorial Board (since 2009).
- I am a member of the TripleC: Communication, Capitalism & Critique Editorial Board (since 2015).
- I am a member of the Teaching in Higher Education Editorial Board (since 2015).
- I am a reviewer for: the Journal of Learning, Media, and Technology (since 2010); the Interactive Learning Environments journal (since 2010); Computers and Education (since 2010); and the Electronic Journal of e-Learning (since 2005).
- I am a member of the Editorial Board for the DMU HE pedagogic research journal, Gateway Papers (since 2010).
- Trustee of the Open Library of Humanities, since 2015.
- Teaching Scholar at the Cooperative Institute for Transnational Studies since 2015.
- Association for Learning Technology Team of the Year Award, runner-up 2014.
- Head of the Centre for Pedagogic Research, De Montfort University, 2014.
- Reclaim Open Learning Innovation Awards, 2013.
- Professor of Education and Technology, 2013
- Head of the Centre for Enhancing Learning through Technology, De Montfort University, 2011.
- Founding Member of the Social Science Centre, Lincoln (since 2010).
- Reader in Education and Technology, 2010
- Research Associate, the Centre for Computing and Social Responsibility, De Montfort University, 2010
- Higher Education Academy, National Teaching Fellowship, 2009