Funded PhD scholarships currently available at De Montfort University: https://tinyurl.com/ul2ymmc
Based within the Institute for Criminology, Community, Education and Social Justice (https://tinyurl.com/vzxf7rc), the Education Research Group (ERG) focuses upon research into culture, policy, curriculum and pedagogy, and practice, in the full range of educational contexts. It offers interdisciplinary expertise dedicated to the production of scholarship on the social, cultural, economic and political aspects of education in communities, prisons, schools, social centres and so on.
We welcome expressions of interest from potential PhD candidates interested in undertaking research in the field of education. Key areas of focus include:
- alternative and co-operative forms of education;
- classroom pedagogy and practice;
- critical race theory and critical feminism in educational experiences;
- curriculum development, including creativity and co-creation;
- education governance, policy, and regulation;
- educational psychology and the concept of resilience in the student experience;
- educational transitions;
- Forest schools and environmental education;
- intersectional experiences of schooling;
- music education and professional development
- schooling and spatial theory;
- technology and innovation in the classroom;
- working conditions, labour and the political economy of education
If you have other areas of interest that you wish to discuss, please feel free to contact us.
22 fully-funded PhD scholarships are currently available at De Montfort University (see: https://tinyurl.com/ul2ymmc). The deadline for applications for scholarships is 9th March 2020. If you are interested in finding out more about applying for a PhD with the ERG, please contact Professor Richard Hall (email@example.com) for an informal discussion.
Entry requirements include a UK Honours Degree with at least an upper second class honours or equivalent, and English language competence. For more detail, please see the De Montfort University, Doctoral College webpages (https://tinyurl.com/rmp5w6p).
Feel free to circulate our PhD scholarship flyer.